Learning to Love Earthworms
About the event
If you’re interested in earthworms but don’t feel ready for a beginner’s ID workshop, then this course is for you! It’s a day for people who are fascinated by earthworms but don’t know where to start with them. It’s a very gentle introduction to the world of earthworms and the art (and science!) of telling one kind from another.
- Come and learn about the different ecological types of British earthworms and their natural history
- Listen to some fascinating facts about the worldwide diversity of earthworms
- Learn why earthworms are so important to both man and nature
- Observe earthworms in their natural environment
- Find out what to do if you want to take your interest further
Please note that this is an introductory course and absolutely no experience of earthworms is needed – just a passion for nature and learning more about wildlife that is often overlooked. The day will include a mixture of classroom and outside sessions so please dress appropriately.
Tutor profile - Kerry Calloway, Earthworm Society of Britain