Frequently asked questions

Find an answer to a range frequently asked questions below:


Injured wildlife

As a conservation organisation, Surrey Wildlife Trust cannot treat sick or injured wildlife. If you find an animal that is trapped or hurt, please contact Leatherhead based wildlife rescue charity Wildlife AidHarper Asprey Wildlife Rescue in Camberley or the RSPCA.


Reporting a wildlife crime

If you witness a suspected wildlife crime in action call 999 immediately. In all other instances, call 101 for the non-emergency service and ask to speak to your local Wildlife Crime Officer. To remain anonymous, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

More about wildlife and the law


Wildlife guidance and advice

Detailed answers to frequently asked wildlife questions can be found here


Trust managed sites

Fungi picking & foraging on our sites
Dog walking on reserves
Walking near livestock
Parking charges on SCC sites
Running an event on our land
Filming on land we manage


National issues

Badger cull
Ash Dieback


Development and planning

Development in Surrey