Leader in Outdoor Learning (Level 2) in Godstone
About the event
All Trust events and activities taking place from 1st September onwards will be carried out in line with current government guidelines and Health & Safety practices at that time. As this will change over the coming weeks and months, we ask that you check regularly on the website for updates as any of these events may be subject to change or cancellation.
Please help to protect our staff and other members by not attending any of these events if you or anyone in your household is feeling ill or have symptoms of Covid-19.
Our highly experienced trainers will use exciting primary curriculum linked activities to help you become a Leader in Outdoor Learning (Level 2) accredited by the Open College Network West Midlands (OCNWM)
The course will give you;
- Experience of outdoor activity ideas for core and foundation subjects
- Knowledge of research demonstrating the benefits of outdoor learning
- Skills to maximise outdoor play for learning in break times
- Ability to improve your school grounds for learning
- Awareness of wider schemes and programmes to support you
- Skills for managing classes outdoors
- Awareness of good health and safety practice and appropriate risk taking
- Identify activities to support children's interest in local wildlife
The course is run over three days, you will also have the opportunity to visit a local school to learn more about how they use their resources with the children. More information will be provided. You will receive portfolio advice and assessment for the duration of the course.
You will cover the following units for your portfolio;
- Benefits of Outdoor Learning
- Engaging children with local wildlife
- Health and Safety in the natural environment
- Learning in the natural environment
- Using and improving the school grounds and the natural environment
Booking is essential, total course fee is £360. A £100 deposit is required to confirm a place on this course. Please contact email@example.com for a booking form. Or call Victoria Pinder 01483 663300 for more information.
Know before you go
What to bring
Wear suitable outdoor all weather clothing and footwear