Willow Foraging Basket
About the event
All Trust events and activities taking place from 1st September onwards will be carried out in line with current government guidelines and Health & Safety practices at that time. As this will change over the coming weeks and months, we ask that you check regularly on the website for updates as any of these events may be subject to change or cancellation.
Please help to protect our staff and other members by not attending any of these events if you or anyone in your household is feeling ill or have symptoms of Covid-19.
Louise from Rough Around the Hedges is teaching a full day course to make a willow foraging basket. This is a non-stop weaving day to create a gypsy style basket for eggs, fruit, mushrooms or storing treasures. Although beginners are welcome it is a tiring day so bring a hearty packed lunch. Manual dexterity and patience required.
Please bring your secateurs. If you have any questions about the course you can contact Louise directly at https://www.facebook.com/RoughAroundtheHedges/
****Surrey Wildlife Trust – Adult Learning Courses****
Please help to protect our staff and others on this course by not attending if you or anyone in your household is feeling ill or have symptoms of Covid-19 (A temperature; a new, continuous cough and/or the loss of taste or smell).
How we are addressing issues associated with COVID-19 on every Adult Learning course.
- We have fully revised our risk assessments to adhere to the Government issued COVID 19 guidelines.
- We ask that upon arriving at the centre, the delegates remain in their cars until just prior to the course start time.(arrangements will be made for those not driving).
- We will welcome delegates in our outdoor classroom rather than inside the centre.
- The delegate’s temperature will be checked on arrival and anyone showing any symptoms which could be COVID-19 related, will be asked to go home. They will be given the option of receiving a course credit, a place on another course, making a donation or a full refund.
- All surfaces and any equipment will be fully sanitized prior to each course.
- Hand washing and the use of hand sanitizers will be required before entering the premises and throughout the day.
- There will be a maximum of 8 delegates on this course.
- We will maximise the amount of time spent outside whenever possible.
- The doors and windows will remain open during this course to ensure regular airflow.
- Classroom seating will be set up ensuring the 1 metre + distancing rules are met.
- The tutor will retain a 2 metre + distance from the delegates. In the cases where this is not possible, a face covering will be worn.
- Following government advice, it is suggested that delegates wear face coverings indoors.
- Delegates must bring their own packed lunch, water bottle/hot drink and cup. We are a nut-free centre, so please avoid food containing nuts.
- We request that delegates notify us if they develop symptoms up to 14 days after attending this course so that staff and other course delegates can be notified.
Pricemembers £60/non-members £72
Additional booking informationWhen the event is fully booked, please join the waiting list and we will be in touch if a space becomes available.
Know before you go
What to bring
Please bring secateurs and a packed lunch,