About the event
Please help to protect our staff and other members by not attending any of these events if you or anyone in your household is feeling ill or have symptoms of Covid-19.
Summer Holiday Club is back!
We had to cancel our activities a few months ago but we are now confident that we can run a safe, fun and action packed holiday club for a limited number of children. We are really excited to get back out into the woods sharing our love for wildlife and the outdoors.
In place of the usual summer programme, we are running a three day Holiday Club in across the first three weeks of August (Tuesday - Thursday).
Each day is jam-packed with outdoor adventures to keep your wild ones busy! The three days will comprise of woodland survival, pond dipping, minibeast hunting and forest schools activities.
The club is suitable for ages 5-12. The club runs from 9.30am-3:30pm and takes place at Nower Wood Education Centre, near Leatherhead.
Due to staffing limitations if your child requires 1:1 assistance at school you will need to provide an accompanying adult for the event (provided the adult is from the same household). If your child has any other particular needs, please do get in touch so we can discuss how best to meet these before booking to ensure that everyone gets the most out of their day.
How will we be addressing issues associated with COVID-19?
- We have revised our risk assessments and activity procedures and the activities will be led by our team of highly experienced staff
- We will be working in small consistent groups to minimise the amount of people each child comes into contact with
- Children will be dropped off to our outdoor classroom rather than into the centre
- Children’s temperature will be checked on arrival and any child showing any symptoms which could be COVID-19, will be sent home (we would ask that you follow government guidelines and don’t bring them or any siblings if anyone in your household is ill or you suspect coronavirus) – a full refund will be made in this case
- Each group will act as a bubble, but within this bubble we will aim to keep children from different households socially distanced (if your children wish to be with friends / cousins etc then please advise at the time of booking so that we can organise the groups accordingly)
- Equipment will be sanitized prior to each individual using it
- Each ‘bubble’ will have a designated storage area for their belongings
- Children will be kept outside wherever possible so will need their own waterproof trousers and coats (and must be prepared to put them on!) and a change of clothes. In the event of very heavy rain we will come into the classroom – each bubble will have a separate classroom
- Children must bring their own packed lunch and a water bottle. We are happy to provide top ups of water / squash but we will not be providing cups. We are a nut-free centre, so please avoid food containing nuts
- We will end sessions at 3:30 to give staff extra time for cleaning for safety
- We request that you notify us if anyone develops symptoms up to 14 days after attending holiday club so that we can let staff and other families in the same bubble know
- We will operate a waiting list, if you don’t get in, there may well be an opportunity for your child to attend at short notice!