Our two education centres have welcomed thousands of children over the last 40 years and now, with a brand new centre at Nower Wood, we are looking forward to inspiring thousands more.
Immerse yourself in nature
We have two private educational nature reserves in Surrey, both with classrooms, amenities and acres of beautiful natural surroundings. As they are closed to the public and carefully managed by our team, these reserves make the perfect safe environment to immerse yourself in nature. They each have their own character and host a diverse range of habitats and wildlife.
Nestled amongst more than 80 acres of ancient woodland, Nower Wood is located on the outskirts of Leatherhead, off Junction 9 of the M25. With three spacious, heated classrooms we are able to accommodate groups of up to 90 people at any time of year. The centre is fully accessible and boasts a raised pond and minibeast habitat for wheelchair users so that everyone can access the woodland and benefit from interacting with nature.
- Three spacious, heated classrooms each with outdoor access
- State-of-the-art interactive screens
- 10 tablets for data collation and analysis
- Video microscopes
- Extensive nature trails
- Forest School and campfire site
- Varied habitats including ancient woodland, bluebell glades, heathland, multiple ponds
- Fully accessible facilities including Changing Places disabled toilet with adult-sized changing table, hoist and shower
Located in the heart of Godstone Village, close to Junction 6 of the M25, Bay Pond is a Site of Special Scientific Interest featuring many important habitats including a large lake with bird hides, wild flower meadows, woodland, ponds and a board walk through an alder carr. A traditional barn has been converted into an outdoor classroom suitable for groups of up to 60 and there is also a cosy wooden classroom for colder days or presentations.
- Large outdoor classroom space
- Cosy wooden classroom
- Video microscopes and projection screens
- Rare and beautiful habitats including wildflower meadows, lakes, alder carr and deciduous woodland
- Bird hides overlooking the beautiful Bay Pond itself
- Forest school and campfire site
- Sensory wildlife garden
Hire our space
Nower Wood is available to hire and makes a modern, versatile space suitable for a range of events. This beautiful venue comes with the additional option of a guided walk through the ancient woodland reserve.
Call 01372 379509