The 12th National Heathland Conference has been postponed and will now be held from 10-12th May 2022 at Ufford Park, Suffolk.
A group of organisations including Surrey Wildlife Trust and Stephen Fry [member and facilitator of the Thames Basin Cluster of land managers}, Natural England, RSPB, Suffolk Wildlife Trust and The Landscape Partnership, is working together to host this 3 day conference with a full program of talks, discussions and field trips.
Due to current government restrictions regarding the Covid-19 pandemic, the 12th National Heathland Conference has been postponed and will now be held from the 28th - 30th September 2021. Please do still register your interest below as this will enable a change of plans to be quickly communicated.
Provisional/potential themes for the conference include
- Carbon and the role of heathland management
- Nitrogen aerial deposition impacts and implications
- Bare ground creation and management
- Impact of public access
Provisional site visits to choose from:
- STANTA Training Area
- King’s Forest and Icknield Heath
- Dunwich Heath and Forest
- Rendlesham Forest & Sutton Heath
- Hockwold & Weeting Heaths
- Knettishall Heath
- Westleton Heath
- Purdis Heath & Ipswich Golf Course
Register your interest in attending the conference
If you would like to register your interest and receive confirmation of booking costs and process in due course please complete the form below.
- Surrey Wildlife Trust is working in partnership with Natural England, Stephen Fry Consulting, Suffolk Wildlife Trust, RSPB and The Landscape Partnership.
- The information you provide will be stored on the Surrey Wildlife Trust secure database and only be used to send you information regarding the National Heathland Conference 2020 and to facilitate your booking if you wish to attend.
- If you indicate that you would like to be contacted regarding presenting at the conference, your name and contact details will be passed to the relevant partnership organisations named above to contact you further.
- We will not share your details, except with our partner organisations in the ways listed above.
- If you choose not to opt out of our published delegate list, your name, role and organisation will be available for other delegates to view during the conference.
- We will not sell or gift your details to a third party.
- Your details will be permanently deleted within 6 months of the conference taking place.